Tuesday, August 20, 2013
OSOYOOS, B.C. – A contained 50-acre blaze burning along Canada Highway 3 may mean smoke for residents of Oroville and Nighthawk on the U.S. side of the international border.
According to Canadian officials, the “aggressive” wildlife was reported about 5:30 p.m. Monday night near Richter Pass, just north of the border about six miles west of Osoyoos.
The fire is burning in sagebrush and grass, officials said, noting the fire was close to several homes Monday. Residents of six Kruger Mountain Road homes were evacuated.
“The fire is holding at 20 hectares (about 50 acres)," Kamloops Fire Centre spokeswoman Michaela Swan told Canadian news organizations late Monday night. "Crews made good work at establishing a guard around the fire."
Two helictopters, air tankers and about 35 firefighters were assigned to the blaze.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.