Tuesday, August 6, 2013
OKANOGAN - The City Council is considering a proposal to annex six parcels south of town.
A notice of intent to annex was submitted by Okanogan resident Bonnie Rawson, manager of property owner Caribou Trail LLC. The council accepted the notice during its Aug. 6 meeting.
The parcels, all on Morris Road in Mock Tracts and along state Highway 20, total 7.35 acres. The property is across state Highway 20 from the Fowler Trailer Court property, which was annexed last year.
A discussion of the proposal is planned during the Aug. 20 council meeting, with the anticipation of the proposal being sent to the city Planning Commission for a recommendation.
In other business, the council:
-Learned a new heating and cooling unit was installed at City Hall.
-Learned the city received an award from the state Department of Ecology for having an outstanding wastewater treatment plant in 2012.
-Approved an agreement with attorney Scott DeTro for legal services. DeTro will continue as city attorney on a year-to-year basis until either side terminates the pact.
He will be paid $183.89 per hour, with an annual adjustment based on the Consumer Price Index.
-Approved an agreement with the state Transportation Improvement Board for upgrades to Pine Street in 2014. The project calls for resurfacing Pine Street between First and Third Avenues, and installing sidewalk ramp upgrades that are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
More like this story
- 50 years ago: Riverside may get new bridge
- 820 (2017-071 March 29, April 5) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY UNION GAP
- Board votes not to renew Landdeck's coaching contract
- North Valley Hospital begins administrator search
- 83 year-old woman with Alzheimer’s reported missing
- 820 (2017-057 March 8, 15, 22, 29, April 5, 12) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-067 March 22, 29, April 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-068 March 29, April 19) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO RCW CHAPTER 61.24
- 820 (2017-069 March 29) INVITATION TO BID
- 820 (2017-070 March 29, April 5) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY UNION GAP