Tuesday, August 6, 2013
OKANOGAN - The City Council is considering a proposal to annex six parcels south of town.
A notice of intent to annex was submitted by Okanogan resident Bonnie Rawson, manager of property owner Caribou Trail LLC. The council accepted the notice during its Aug. 6 meeting.
The parcels, all on Morris Road in Mock Tracts and along state Highway 20, total 7.35 acres. The property is across state Highway 20 from the Fowler Trailer Court property, which was annexed last year.
A discussion of the proposal is planned during the Aug. 20 council meeting, with the anticipation of the proposal being sent to the city Planning Commission for a recommendation.
In other business, the council:
-Learned a new heating and cooling unit was installed at City Hall.
-Learned the city received an award from the state Department of Ecology for having an outstanding wastewater treatment plant in 2012.
-Approved an agreement with attorney Scott DeTro for legal services. DeTro will continue as city attorney on a year-to-year basis until either side terminates the pact.
He will be paid $183.89 per hour, with an annual adjustment based on the Consumer Price Index.
-Approved an agreement with the state Transportation Improvement Board for upgrades to Pine Street in 2014. The project calls for resurfacing Pine Street between First and Third Avenues, and installing sidewalk ramp upgrades that are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-424 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge