Tuesday, August 6, 2013
OKANOGAN - The City Council is considering a proposal to annex six parcels south of town.
A notice of intent to annex was submitted by Okanogan resident Bonnie Rawson, manager of property owner Caribou Trail LLC. The council accepted the notice during its Aug. 6 meeting.
The parcels, all on Morris Road in Mock Tracts and along state Highway 20, total 7.35 acres. The property is across state Highway 20 from the Fowler Trailer Court property, which was annexed last year.
A discussion of the proposal is planned during the Aug. 20 council meeting, with the anticipation of the proposal being sent to the city Planning Commission for a recommendation.
In other business, the council:
-Learned a new heating and cooling unit was installed at City Hall.
-Learned the city received an award from the state Department of Ecology for having an outstanding wastewater treatment plant in 2012.
-Approved an agreement with attorney Scott DeTro for legal services. DeTro will continue as city attorney on a year-to-year basis until either side terminates the pact.
He will be paid $183.89 per hour, with an annual adjustment based on the Consumer Price Index.
-Approved an agreement with the state Transportation Improvement Board for upgrades to Pine Street in 2014. The project calls for resurfacing Pine Street between First and Third Avenues, and installing sidewalk ramp upgrades that are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
More like this story
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25