Thursday, August 1, 2013
STEHEKIN — Strong winds have spread the Moore Point Fire to 1,500 acres in the Lake Chelan Sawtooth Wilderness, as of Thursday, Aug. 1.
Firefighters worked into the night on July 31 to protect private structures near Meadow Creek.
The fire was started by a July 28 lightning strike.
Officials from the Chelan County Sheriff’s Office have increased the evacuation level for the private residences in the Meadow Creek area to a Level III, advising homeowners to leave due to the high fire danger. No structures have been lost at this time.
For public and firefighter safety, Forest Service officials have closed the Moore Point Campground and the Meadow Creek Shelter along Lake Chelan. Trails affected by the Moore Point Fire include the Lakeshore Trail No. 1274 from Prince Creek to Flick Creek, Moore Point Trail (No. 1247.1), North Fork of Fish Creek Trail (No. 1248.1), Fish Creek Trail (No. 1245) and the Horton Butte Trail (No. 1250.01). These trails are posted closed to public access due to the fire danger.
Lightning on July 28 also ignited several other fires in the area.
Firefighters have been able to suppress the Wolverine Creek Fire, located three miles north of Lucerne as well as the Jungle Fire located about two miles north of Graham Harbor. These fires have been declared out.
The Skookum Puss Fire, located near the headwaters of Rex Creek, is 100 percent contained and will be monitored by air resources.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge