Thursday, August 1, 2013
STEHEKIN — Strong winds have spread the Moore Point Fire to 1,500 acres in the Lake Chelan Sawtooth Wilderness, as of Thursday, Aug. 1.
Firefighters worked into the night on July 31 to protect private structures near Meadow Creek.
The fire was started by a July 28 lightning strike.
Officials from the Chelan County Sheriff’s Office have increased the evacuation level for the private residences in the Meadow Creek area to a Level III, advising homeowners to leave due to the high fire danger. No structures have been lost at this time.
For public and firefighter safety, Forest Service officials have closed the Moore Point Campground and the Meadow Creek Shelter along Lake Chelan. Trails affected by the Moore Point Fire include the Lakeshore Trail No. 1274 from Prince Creek to Flick Creek, Moore Point Trail (No. 1247.1), North Fork of Fish Creek Trail (No. 1248.1), Fish Creek Trail (No. 1245) and the Horton Butte Trail (No. 1250.01). These trails are posted closed to public access due to the fire danger.
Lightning on July 28 also ignited several other fires in the area.
Firefighters have been able to suppress the Wolverine Creek Fire, located three miles north of Lucerne as well as the Jungle Fire located about two miles north of Graham Harbor. These fires have been declared out.
The Skookum Puss Fire, located near the headwaters of Rex Creek, is 100 percent contained and will be monitored by air resources.
More like this story
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE
- 820 (2017-043 Feb. 22) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 886
- 820 (2017-044 Feb. 22) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 887