Thursday, August 1, 2013
STEHEKIN — Strong winds have spread the Moore Point Fire to 1,500 acres in the Lake Chelan Sawtooth Wilderness, as of Thursday, Aug. 1.
Firefighters worked into the night on July 31 to protect private structures near Meadow Creek.
The fire was started by a July 28 lightning strike.
Officials from the Chelan County Sheriff’s Office have increased the evacuation level for the private residences in the Meadow Creek area to a Level III, advising homeowners to leave due to the high fire danger. No structures have been lost at this time.
For public and firefighter safety, Forest Service officials have closed the Moore Point Campground and the Meadow Creek Shelter along Lake Chelan. Trails affected by the Moore Point Fire include the Lakeshore Trail No. 1274 from Prince Creek to Flick Creek, Moore Point Trail (No. 1247.1), North Fork of Fish Creek Trail (No. 1248.1), Fish Creek Trail (No. 1245) and the Horton Butte Trail (No. 1250.01). These trails are posted closed to public access due to the fire danger.
Lightning on July 28 also ignited several other fires in the area.
Firefighters have been able to suppress the Wolverine Creek Fire, located three miles north of Lucerne as well as the Jungle Fire located about two miles north of Graham Harbor. These fires have been declared out.
The Skookum Puss Fire, located near the headwaters of Rex Creek, is 100 percent contained and will be monitored by air resources.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge