Thursday, August 1, 2013
RIVERSIDE - A lightning cell that went through Okanogan County on Aug. 1 ignited a series of fires, with the largest being between Keystone Road and Tunk Creek Road north of town.
A number of fires were burning between the Okanogan River and Crawfish Lake. As of 4:20 p.m., fire officials had estimated 11 different fires had ignited in Okanogan County.
Keystone Road and Tunk Creek Road have been closed.
Other fires have been reported off the Conconully Highway, near Drywater Road and Green Lake Road. They have been reported to be contained.
The National Weather Service has also issued a flash flood warning for Okanogan County, with thunderstorms expected to bring heavy rainfall.
The flash flood warning will remain in effect until 9 p.m., Aug. 1 and includes Omak, Okanogan, Brewster, Oroville, Mazama, Winthrop, Methow, Twisp and Conconully.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE