Thursday, August 1, 2013
RIVERSIDE - A lightning cell that went through Okanogan County on Aug. 1 ignited a series of fires, with the largest being between Keystone Road and Tunk Creek Road north of town.
A number of fires were burning between the Okanogan River and Crawfish Lake. As of 4:20 p.m., fire officials had estimated 11 different fires had ignited in Okanogan County.
Keystone Road and Tunk Creek Road have been closed.
Other fires have been reported off the Conconully Highway, near Drywater Road and Green Lake Road. They have been reported to be contained.
The National Weather Service has also issued a flash flood warning for Okanogan County, with thunderstorms expected to bring heavy rainfall.
The flash flood warning will remain in effect until 9 p.m., Aug. 1 and includes Omak, Okanogan, Brewster, Oroville, Mazama, Winthrop, Methow, Twisp and Conconully.
More like this story
- VIDEO: Okanogan County Commissioner Candidate Forum
- Grass fire caused by lawnmower hitting rock
- Colville tribal chairman, musician Jim Boyd dies
- Tonasket EMTs launch legal fund
- Three arrested on drug charges
- Rodeo gallops to Chesaw
- ‘Run for Money’ brings large turnout
- Chronicle wins seven awards in national contest
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
- 800 (2016-296 June 29, July 6) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge