Thursday, August 1, 2013
RIVERSIDE - A lightning cell that went through Okanogan County on Aug. 1 ignited a series of fires, with the largest being between Keystone Road and Tunk Creek Road north of town.
A number of fires were burning between the Okanogan River and Crawfish Lake. As of 4:20 p.m., fire officials had estimated 11 different fires had ignited in Okanogan County.
Keystone Road and Tunk Creek Road have been closed.
Other fires have been reported off the Conconully Highway, near Drywater Road and Green Lake Road. They have been reported to be contained.
The National Weather Service has also issued a flash flood warning for Okanogan County, with thunderstorms expected to bring heavy rainfall.
The flash flood warning will remain in effect until 9 p.m., Aug. 1 and includes Omak, Okanogan, Brewster, Oroville, Mazama, Winthrop, Methow, Twisp and Conconully.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE