Thursday, August 1, 2013
RIVERSIDE - A lightning cell that went through Okanogan County on Aug. 1 ignited a series of fires, with the largest being between Keystone Road and Tunk Creek Road north of town.
A number of fires were burning between the Okanogan River and Crawfish Lake. As of 4:20 p.m., fire officials had estimated 11 different fires had ignited in Okanogan County.
Keystone Road and Tunk Creek Road have been closed.
Other fires have been reported off the Conconully Highway, near Drywater Road and Green Lake Road. They have been reported to be contained.
The National Weather Service has also issued a flash flood warning for Okanogan County, with thunderstorms expected to bring heavy rainfall.
The flash flood warning will remain in effect until 9 p.m., Aug. 1 and includes Omak, Okanogan, Brewster, Oroville, Mazama, Winthrop, Methow, Twisp and Conconully.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON