Thursday, August 1, 2013
RIVERSIDE - A lightning cell that went through Okanogan County on Aug. 1 ignited a series of fires, with the largest being between Keystone Road and Tunk Creek Road north of town.
A number of fires were burning between the Okanogan River and Crawfish Lake. As of 4:20 p.m., fire officials had estimated 11 different fires had ignited in Okanogan County.
Keystone Road and Tunk Creek Road have been closed.
Other fires have been reported off the Conconully Highway, near Drywater Road and Green Lake Road. They have been reported to be contained.
The National Weather Service has also issued a flash flood warning for Okanogan County, with thunderstorms expected to bring heavy rainfall.
The flash flood warning will remain in effect until 9 p.m., Aug. 1 and includes Omak, Okanogan, Brewster, Oroville, Mazama, Winthrop, Methow, Twisp and Conconully.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.