Thousands expected to attend Family Faire An empty field nestled in the Okanogan Highlands will soon become the most populated community in Okanogan County.
Residents question hospital board During the public comment portion of the Thursday, Oct. 12 North Valley Hospital board of commissioners meeting, community residents continued ...
La Niña may return this winter Will we have another La Niña winter? That’s the question local residents and meteorologists are seeking to find answers to.
- No one hurt in bus-car accidentNo one was injured Friday, Oct. 13, when a car ran into the back of a parked Omak School District ...
- WVC trustees meet in NespelemThe Wenatchee Valley College trustees will meet Oct. 25 at the Lucy F. Covington Government Center, 21 Colville St.
- Tonasket board hears from Loomis residentsThe Tonasket School Board heard from Loomis residents during a special workshop session Oct. 12 at the town’s community center.
- Fire officials: Plan escape routes during Fire Prevention WeekFire Prevention Week is this week in Washington, with officials touting the theme “Every Second Counts: Plan Two Ways Out!”
- Governors urge Congress to fix wildfire budget approachDENVER, Colo. – The Western Governors Association is urging congressional leadership to fix the present approach to budgeting for wildfire ...
- Diamond Creek Fire dying downThe Diamond Creek Fire isn’t yet out, but it’s dying down.
- St. George’s edges Okanogan soccer, 3-1Tonasket tops Lake Roosevelt, Bridgeport last week
- Omak JV takes first at Pateros tournamentPateros finishes second at its invitational
- Liberty Bell girls win without No. 1 runnerScholz takes up slack, finishes first
- Entries sought for Halloween Harvest Decorating ContestEntries are sought for the Omak Chamber of Commerce-City of Omak Halloween Harvest Decorating Contest.
- Felines frolic on new cat treesFelines at the Animal Foster Care Cat Shelter have some new trees to climb.
- Liberty Bell, Pateros wrap up homecoming seasonTwo area high schools – Liberty Bell and Pateros - are celebrating homecoming this week, Oct. 16-21.
- RANDOM THOUGHTS: Watching, reading as wildfires burnWildfires have been tearing across California’s Wine Country for more than a week.
- CENTER STAGE: Holiday season is just around the cornerI can’t believe were only 43 days away from Thanksgiving. Where has this year gone? On the topic of Thanksgiving, ...
- CENTER STAGE: Fall brings great music to regionEach morning I have a routine. I get up, let Gypsy (my 70-pound German Shepherd) outside, get a cup of ...